onsdag 30 november 2011

Out with the old and in with the new!

Hi again! I've started to remove the I.C.E and it's components from the car. It's a pleasure to work with the car since everything is clean as a whistle. First of all I removed the I.C.E. This can easily be done without removing the gearbox. I tried to determine the weight if the I.C.E but the scale only ran to 50Kg, I'm guessing 55-60kg.

Clean soon to be green machine!


The gearbox is ready for its new motor. I will pick it up from my mechanic this Friday. I'm thinking about plugging the hole for the starter but then again it might be good to get some air in there. The clutch will handle a lot more power with the Agni. Peak torque is about 53 Nm.

This is the clutch disc I use its for 500R/126.

This is the surprise of the day! There is a voltage regulator mounted on the left side in the engine compartment. I won't be using it so I removed it today. As I held it in my hand I noticed the resemblance between it and the pedal throttle I bought from Kelly.

Voltage regulator used to monitor charging of the 12 volt battery

Pedal throttle 5v



It turns out the bolt pattern for the two are the same! So I mounted the new throttle where the voltage regulator was once mounted and then, since I don’t want to alter too much on the car, I will connect the original wire to an lever mounted on the new throttle. Ecellent!

Electric throttle mounted where the voltage regulator used to be.
 It has finally arrived! Can't wait to get going. But now it's time to go for some salmon fishing! Have a nice weekend.


Time for a major milestone! The motor has been installed in the car and it has been tested, only with 12 volts, but it turns and the clutch works just fine. I've decided to mount the controller, main contactor and fuse above the motor. I cut out an aluminum plate that is held in place by vibration dampers. Since the Kelly controller is sensitive regarding temperature I will mount a fan or to on the controller.


The Agni in place!

35mm² cable capable of 72V 500A


!
 Some more work done today. As I said earlier the controller from Kelly needs some help to cool down. I've cut out an aluminum plate and used thermal paste between the plate and the controller. Two 120mm fans has been mounted on the controller to aid the cooling. The main contactor has been installed as well as the fuse. A thick rubber mat is used to shield the plate from the hi-power wires connecting to the controller.

Two 120mm 12v fans for extra cooling

Fuse, contactor and controller
Not to bad!


In the picture above the throttle and the lever has been installed. The lever is connected to the original wire for the gas pedal.




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar